(All bible quotes from The Holy Bible, New International Version)
BIBLE STUDY ON PSALM 6
(A CRY FOR HELP WHEN WE SUFFER DESPAIR)
Often when a Christian suffers their suffering is on two levels. One is the physical pain the other level is what I call spiritual pain or spiritual conflict. David in this psalm talks of both. Some kind of physical sickness and spiritual taunts from some of his enemies. Recently I heard a talk from Lee Hatcher. Lee is was a very well known Australian T.V news and current affairs presenter who wrote a book called “I’m not Crazy, I’m just Unwell” which he wrote after he came out of two and half years of suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome. He also suffered from the often well meaning misguided advise and comments he got from people who had no idea of what he was going through. These comments and advice often from Christians helped only to intense the pain he was suffering.
In this study we will look at :
- How we can better face times of suffering and testing when it comes to us.
2. How we can better support and minister to others when they are going through times of suffering and testing.
1. THE SICK MAN CRIES FOR HELP (1 – 3)
2. THE SICK MAN CRIES DELIVERANCE FROM DEATH (4 – 5)
3. THE SICK MAN DESCRIBES HIS PAIN (6 – 7)
4. THE SICK MAN DECLARES GOD’S HELP (8 – 10)
Now lets read Psalm 6:
“1O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.
2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.
3 My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?
4 Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.
5 No one remembers you when he is dead.
Who praises you from the grave ?
6 I am worn out from Continue reading